Trouble filling specific websites & Login items

Options

Comments

• RandyBillmeier
    RandyBillmeier
    Community Member
    Options

Not a big deal, but the 3.8 version looked like a bookcase, which I liked. 6 is just visually flat. OK, so now I have 6 and have put a bunch of websites and generated passwords. I really like it. Two problems: when I open two of the dozen or so sites, the user name and password are populated, but then they disappear and I have to manually put them in. What's with that? One of the two is my bank account, the other is no big deal. Not sure why that happens. I just assume I'm doing doing something wrong.
    Also - now that I have family sharing and have invited my wife to join, I want to be able to populate the shared sites we visit. They appear, but are unclickable. A third item: when in the main vault, the "family-randy.1pasword.com" appears. When I click on it, it takes me to a screen that shows the account, but I have to once again put in the master password. Is that how it works?
    So - little by little I'm understanding the usefulness of 1Password. Thank you for your help.
    Randy

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RandyBillmeier,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I hope you don't mind, but since your new questions are related to filling sign-in pages in your browser, I've moved your latest post to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

when I open two of the dozen or so sites, the user name and password are populated, but then they disappear and I have to manually put them in.

Do you mean your username and password are filled in correctly on the site's sign-in page, but a moment later those fields become empty again? If that's happening on a couple specific sites, and others are working correctly, it sounds like those sites are doing something unusual. Would you mind letting us know the URLs of the websites where you're running into that problem? That way, we can try them ourselves to see if we can figure out what's happening.

now that I have family sharing and have invited my wife to join, I want to be able to populate the shared sites we visit. They appear, but are unclickable.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate on that? What exactly are you trying to click on, and where? Is the problem only happening for items in your shared vault? Filling sign-in forms with Login items should work the same way as it used to, before you signed up for the account. What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?

when in the main vault, the "family-randy.1pasword.com" appears. When I click on it, it takes me to a screen that shows the account, but I have to once again put in the master password. Is that how it works?

If I understand, it sounds like you saved a Login item for your Families account sign-in page. Are you opening that from the main 1Password app or from the 1Password extension in your browser? If you open the main 1Password app and find that item, does the password field contain your master password for your account?

This discussion has been closed.