Ever considered a feature similar to Throttle's email control features?

Options

Throttle by MailPilot is a new service which creates and records unique email addresses for filling into online forms. They then make controlling where email comes from, handling spam, security at a particular site easy and work similarly to how 1Password fills and creates passwords for online forms.

It just made me think a feature like this could be a powerful next step for 1Password and since it already lives / works in this online form-filling / tracking space quite well could be a relatively natural feature to begin offering. Obviously, it would require all the mail-handling infrastructure to be created. Anyways, random thought for the day...

Here's the link to Throttle --> https://throttlehq.com

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Throttle EMail

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andrew_v: I think it may be a good idea for us to stick to what we do best and let others do the same, but that's certainly an interesting idea. I can see there are some parallels there. However, the goals seem to be very different, with them focusing on aggregated email and us focused on security. True, some people like to generate random usernames for logins like we do passwords, but this isn't generally something we recommend since it doesn't increase security. And using a random email address is similar to that. Not to say it isn't a useful service, but I think there's a case to be made for us focusing our resources on where we can make the most difference for keeping people secure online. But who knows what the future will bring. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.