Safari 1Password Extension has stopped working

mark_494
mark_494
Community Member

I have used the 1Password Browser extension on Mac Safari for quite a while but now it has stopped working and a tab appears called Authorize 1Password Extension with a 6 digit number and saying "Compare this code to the one shown in 1Password". But I cannot then open 1Password until I close this tab and cannot see any code to compare or what action to take. I've searched the forum and your support pages but cannot find anything that explains this or what to do. This has been a problem since I updated to 1Password version 6.3.5 on 27 Oct. I've tried uninstalling the extension from Safari and re-installing it from the Agilebits website but with no effect. I have Safari version 10.0.1 - can you help please? Thanks Mark

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mark_494

i'm sorry about the trouble that you're having with the new authorization feature of 1Password. You should be able to see the authentication code in 1Password mini, in the menu bar by the clock. If you're not getting that authorization code there to see if it matches, can you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps? If it doesn't could you please let us know if you're running any software that interferes with the menu bar?

Please let us know what you find out and if 1Password works well again :chuffed:

• mark_494
    mark_494
    Community Member

Hi Pilar - I've managed to complete the authorization now following your help - the 1Password Mini pop up was being obscured by the task and calendar reminders on the top right hand of the screen. I was expecting it to be attached to the 1Password mini icon in the menu bar. Once I closed the reminders and could see the authorization pop up I could compare and accept it. Thanks for your help :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mark_494

It's great to hear that you got the authorization to work :chuffed: I'm sorry for the confusion with this new feature, I'm glad 1Password up and running for you again! I hope that you're all set now, but if there's anything else we can help you with, we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.