Downgrade from 1password 6 to 4.4.3

vongassen
vongassen
Community Member

Due to stability issues I had to downgrade my MBP (mid 2010) from Mac OS Sierra to OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks).
The latest version of 1password running on this OS is 4.4.3
When I try to open my backup (1Password.agilekeychain) the following error message appears after I entered my master password:
"Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

I suppose the old version can not handle all information used in newer versions.
Is there a way I can access my data anyways?

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:downgrade

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vongassen,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble getting that 1Password.agilekeychain file to work with 1Password 4!

You should definitely be able to sync 1Password 4 with that file, even if it was created in a newer version. Are you choosing that file when going through the setup of 1Password 4? Or did you create a new, empty vault in 1Password 4 and then tried to sync it with that Agile Keychain file? (It should work either way, I'm just curious about the exact steps you're taking.)

Where is that .agilekeychain file located? If it's in Dropbox, the error message you're getting could mean Dropbox has not yet fully downloaded the entire sync file to the local Dropbox folder. In that case, it should work correctly once Dropbox has had time to completely download it.

If that file isn't in Dropbox, can you give us some more details about where the Agile Keychain file came from? Was it something you found on your Mac before (or after?) you reverted to Mavericks? Also, if for some reason there's a problem with that file, do you have a backup of your Mac from before this all happened? Or do you have your 1Password data on another device?

• vongassen
    vongassen
    Community Member

Hi Drew,
    Thanks for your response.
    The file was in gdrive folder.
    I moved it to the desktop and then it worked!
    Could be you were right and it has not been downloaded completely!
    And to complete the issue, I tried to load the vault during setup.
    Best

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news @vongassen, I'm glad to hear you were able to get it working! Thanks for letting us know. Sounds like you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.