Firefox won't let me install update or reinstall

bluesky
bluesky
Community Member

I got prompted to upgrade the latest version of the 1PW extension for FF. I clicked on the link, then got the alert that FF prevented Agilebits from asking me to install on my computer. I clicked "allow" and got the alert that I couldn't install it because of a connection failure.

Agilebits says to add " 127.0.0.1" to my bypass proxy settings, so I did that. Still no go.

I uninstalled the extension and tried again. No go.

I rebooted and tried again. Still no go.

What next?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-27 (650027) AgileBits
Extension Version: latest (no longer installed)
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:connection, kb:undefined, kb-search:connection failure

Comments

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member

I thought that tech support reads these questions and replies when appropriate.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bluesky,

We do :smile: I believe we're for the most part on top of the forums so I don't know why you haven't received a response before now.

The most common cause for a connection failure message in Firefox is due to anti-virus software. Why the following should work I don't know but it does.

1. Visit https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions in a different browser (Safari or Chrome).
    2. Click the Show all extensions link.
    3. Click the Install button for Firefox.
    4. This will download an XPI file to your downloads folder or wherever this browser is set to download to.
    5. In Firefox visit the page about:addons and if needed select Extensions from the menu down the left hand side.
    6. Drag and drop the XPI file downloaded by step 3. onto this page.

Basically this allows you to install the signed Firefox extension locally and bypass the issue. Please do let us know how you get along.

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member

That worked, thank you very much!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! I'm glad his suggestion was helpful for you. Thanks for confirming it worked!

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.