I have iPassword 6 and everytime I open in Firefox, it opens a web page. How do I stop that?

WaRomG
WaRomG
Community Member

Everytime it opens the webpage https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html. I find no apparent way to stop it from doing that. It's annoying.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have iPassword 6 and everytime I open in Firefox, it opens a web page. How do I stop that?

Comments

• allscott
    allscott
    Community Member

I have this same problem, click on the 1Password toolbar plug-in in Firefox to complete a web page login and around 50% of the time it will spawn a new tab. Agree its very annoying as this interupts my workflow - I have to kill the new tab, then find my original tab, where many tabs can be open at anyone time, and then select the 1Password tool bar plug-in again. Given how I use 1Password I see this 10 - 15 times a day.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WaRomG and @allscott

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and FireFox. This is a known bug and we have implemented a solution on the beta build of the 1Password extension. We hope to have this feature move into the stable release soon, meanwhile you have a couple of options to deal with this :chuffed: You can use a different browser, like Safari for example while this fix is deployed on a stable version. If you prefer to, you can easily enable the beta and get it all sorted out right away :chuffed: You only need to uninstall the extension you have now, go here and chose the options "Enable Betas" before downloading it again.

Please let us know what you decide and how this goes for you!

• WaRomG
    WaRomG
    Community Member

Thank you. Think it'll be easier for me to just put up with it until the new release.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WaRomG

Thank you for getting back to us! We hope to have the fix released on a stable version of the extension soon, just keep an eye out for any update ;) If there's anything else we can help you with, we're always here for you!

• allscott
    allscott
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Hi @Pilar I did update to a beta version as advised, but I'm still experiencing this problem with Firefox and the 1Password extension. Perhaps not quite as frequently now, but still enough to be a frustration. Any news when the stable version with this issue resolved will be available?

• Hi @allscott ,

Have you tried updating to the 4.6.2 Firefox extension?

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.