New iPhone, sync issues and now problem downloading app

Options
neilB
neilB
Community Member

Hi,
I have been using (the excellent and useful) 1 Password for quite a few years - on an iPhone 4, a newer iPad and 2 Macs, one Mac has OSX 10.10 and v6, one has OSX 10.6.8 so an older version. My iPhone 4 could not use the up to date version, I believe, so I guess that may be the root of my issues on a just purchased iPhone 7.

I did an iTunes restore on the new phone to bring in all apps etc from my iTunes backup of the old phone, 1 password did get installed with it's data, but it wasn't syncing via Dropbox.

So, I went to setup sync, gave permission to use my dropbox and got a warning that the vaults were different. I checked the vault name in dropbox against the one on my mac and the names matched. So, (having made a backup from the desktop version for safety), I ignored the mis-match warning and went ahead to sync, but got a notice it had it failed.

I remembered back to a dance I had undergone with vault issues on my old iPhone (after an iTunes "restore") where I was advised by you guys to simply delete the app and reinstall, then set up the new install as an existing user and point to dropbox.
So, I deleted the 1password app from the iPhone 7, went to the appstore to get a download but once installed I get a different sign in process to do with groups and families.
Is that a different version? How can I get "normal" 1 password rather than what appears to be the new subscription version please?
thanks lots
I'd be totally stuck without 1 password
all the best, neil

1Password Version: current for iOS 10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• neilB
    neilB
    Community Member
    Options

Woah,
    maybe I fixed it.
    It wasn't intuitive (to me) but I just downloaded the appstore version and went through the setup "without an account".
    Maybe 1password "knows" my key from back in the v4 days.
    Or will I have to enter that key somewhere? Maybe I am in a demo period?
    I've been searching but not found that yet.
    thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @neilB,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and for the update.

1Password for iOS is a free product. It doesn't use a license. Licensing is for the desktop products (1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows).

We do have an in-app purchase for Pro features available on iOS which you can read about here:

Pro features in 1Password for iOS

If you still need help getting your devices in sync this guide should help:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• neilB
    neilB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, that's helpful thanks. I am syncing now but appreciate the tips. I do have the pro upgrade, thanks. I REALLY like 1password. I mean REALLY. n

• Ben
    Options

Awesome! Thanks so much for the kind words! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.