Syncing a vault with drop box is failing.

RobCSS
RobCSS
Community Member

When I try to sync a vault that has forgotten where the password file is located (dropbox shared folder) I get the choose... dialog, but when I click it I just get a flash of the Finder file dialog. No opportunity to select anything or click any button.. Does the same thing if I click folder.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Sync vault failure

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobCSS,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with the sync settings! We'll help you figure this out one way or another.

When I try to sync a vault that has forgotten where the password file is located (dropbox shared folder)...

It sounds like you have multiple vaults in 1Password on your Mac. Are you having trouble with the sync settings for your other vaults, or just that one? Is that the Primary vault or a secondary vault?

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say that vault 'forgot' the location of the sync file in Dropbox? Do you mean it stopped syncing, and you noticed the sync setting for that vault was suddenly set to 'None'? Or did something else happen?

...I get the choose... dialog, but when I click it I just get a flash of the Finder file dialog.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. In the Sync preferences, if that vault is set to 'None', are you able to click that drop-down menu and choose Dropbox? That should show a "Dropbox Sync" dialogue that says "Click here to find the Dropbox folder..." as well as a 'Choose...' button. Are you seeing that, and does the problem happen when you click that 'Choose...' button?

If so, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you see "a flash of the Finder file dialog." Do you mean that dialog appears for a brief moment and then goes away before you can do anything?

Also, if you open the Dropbox folder on your Mac, are you still able to find the sync file for that vault?

Once we understand a bit more about what's happening on your end, we should have a better idea of what you can do to try to get things working again. Thanks in advance! :)

• RobCSS
    RobCSS
    Community Member

I have several vault I share. The primary is iCloud sync and the secondaries are all Dropbox sync. Mind you they all work on my iOS devices and my Laptop, it is just my Mac Pro that is having the issue currently. I attached a screen shot to elaborate on what I mean by forgot. This vault has worked in the past in the same dropbox location, it stopped syncing, and I noticed the sync setting for that vault was suddenly set to 'None'

I can select dropbox from the dropdown menu (see second attached image).

The problem happens when I click Choose. The dialog appears for a brief moment and then goes away before I can do anything. I can open dropbox on my Mac and see the vault in finder. And Remember that same vault is syncing with my laptop off the same dropbox folder without issue.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobCSS,

Thank you for the screenshots! I'm not quite sure why that's happening, but I have a couple suggestions:

First, try restarting 1Password mini to see if that helps: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then unlock 1Password, go back to the Sync settings, and see if it works this time.

If the same problem still happens, please reboot your Mac. After it restarts, try again to re-enable sync for that vault. Is there any difference?

• RobCSS
    RobCSS
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Tried both, no change - same issue.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobCSS,

Sorry that didn't help! I haven't heard of this problem before and I'm not sure what would be causing it, so to help us figure this out, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Reports from each of your Macs: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email(s), along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the reports, we'll take a look to see if we can find the problem. Thanks in advance! :)

• RobCSS
    RobCSS
    Community Member

Sent. Support ID is support ID is [#CRR-43164-253]

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @RobCSS! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: CRR-43164-253

This discussion has been closed.