The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more keys file

Johnn
Johnn
Community Member

on startup i keep getting this error o all OS X 10.12.1 computers and 6.3.5 1 password :: The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid still runs and works

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osv 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:error keeps popping up on startup :

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Johnn,

I'm sorry you keep getting that error message on startup! But the good news is that it should be pretty easy to solve this.

The error message you're seeing actually comes from an old component of 1Password 3, which is apparently still on your Mac. It's a process called 1PasswordAgent, and you can delete it by following these steps:

1. From the Finder, select Go > Go to Folder... from the menubar
    2. In the Go to the folder field that appears, copy and paste the following text and press Return: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
    3. Delete ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist
    4. Go back to the menu option for Go > Go to Folder…
    5. Copy and paste the following text and press Return: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password
    6. Delete the Agent folder
    7. Restart your Mac

Please let us know how it goes - that should take care of it, but if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Johnn
    Johnn
    Community Member

That seemed to take care of the problem

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Johnn

I'm glad to hear it's all sorted out :chuffed: I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you have any other trouble or need help with anything else, we're here for you!

• Daniel Moravec
    Daniel Moravec
    Community Member

Works!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad that helped you solve the problem. We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Any further followups about this issue can be posted in the more recent related discussion:

Persistent "Database Exists But Is Invalid" alert on my Mac

This older one has now been closed. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.