Cannot find Folders in 1Password

blacknell
blacknell
Community Member

In the left hand pane I cannot see Folders listed. I used to be able to because many months ago I created several, and I can see these referenced in the records themselves.
I can see Tags, Categories etc. but not Folders. And of course, I know to expand (Show) the folders but there is not even the heading there

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blacknell

I'm sorry for the confusion with folders and tags! If you can see tags but not folders it means that you're using a 1Password account, is this correct? (Do you have an Account Key and can sign in online?) Folders are only present in local vaults, when you sync your data manually. In 1Password accounts they have been replaced by tags. Tags have all the functionality of folders and much more! I'd recommend you to try them out and see how they work for you :chuffed:

Please let us know what you think about all this!

• blacknell
    blacknell
    Community Member

No, I have a local vault (stored in Dropbox) on my iMac. I just noticed the Folders disappear when you have multiple vaults and have All Vaults selected

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blacknell

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't get it right the first time but it's great to know you've found the answer :chuffed: You're right, you can only see folders when you're on a given vault. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else, we're here for sure :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.