License question

bcooper
bcooper
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

Can my license key for version 3, purchased 11/23/13, be used now that my upgraded trial has expired? If so how? I am on version 6

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 231
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1PW3-* This is a license for a previous version. Can I use it somehow to unlock a trial?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bcooper,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this! A license code for 1Password 3 won't work to activate the 1Password 6 app, but I can explain what you'll need to do instead.

1Password 6 for Mac can be activated if you have a 1Password.com account, or if you have a 1Password 4/5/6 license. We have information about that here: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

I searched our system for the email address associated with your forum account, and it looks like you have a license for 1Password 3 for Mac, but not version 4/5/6. If you think you may have purchased an upgrade to version 4/5/6 from the AgileBits Store under a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site (or from the above knowledgebase article).

If you don’t have a license for 1Password 6 for Mac, the best way to upgrade is to sign up for a 1Password.com account, which lets you use the 1Password app on all supported platforms and includes free future upgrades. Signing into an account in the 1Password 6 app will activate it so it's no longer in trial mode.

If you don't want to sign up for an account, you can upgrade your 1Password 3 license to a 1Password 6 license by entering your version 3 license code on our Upgrade Store. Once you upgrade your license, you'll receive an email with a link you can click to add your new license file to the 1Password 6 app to activate it.

You can read more about the differences between accounts and licenses here: The difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions about any of that, please be sure to let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.