something filling in 1P unlock popup with unknown characters

camner
camner
Community Member

On one particular Mac (not on others I use), when 1P pops up its unlock screen asking me if I want to save (or update) a login, something (the browser?) is filling in the master password box in the popup. It is NOT filling in the actual master password, and I have no idea what the characters are that are being filled in, because (naturally!) it is not possible to cut and paste from the 1P unlock popup into anything else.

This is reproducible, and occurs on this Mac whenever 1P is locked and prompts for the 1P master password. (I would include a screenshot, but there doesn't seem to be any way to upload a file).

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

For reference, you can simply drag and drop a screenshot into the editor or into the popup from the button in the screenshot below, or use the choose files button in that to upload screenshots:

Which browser are you having problems with? Do you have the same problem with other browsers on that machine? Does the issue occur if you disable browser extensions?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @camner

I think that our friend Martok has beaten up to the important questions we need to know to help you :chuffed: On top of that, I wonder if you're using other extensions or have enabled the built-in browser option to store your logins?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this weird behavior :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.