French localization

patrice_hof
patrice_hof
Community Member

Hi,
I just install 1Password from the Mac App Store on my new iMac, and there are minor problems with the French localization:
1P speaks both French and English.
Precisely, the lateral bar shows the 5 first categories in French, and the next categories in English.
The 1P mini menu is in French, but when I click on "Show more categories", these categories appears in English.
The safari extension acts as well
The fields of the different records are displayed randomly either in French nor in English.

I already tried to desinstall and reinstall 1P, but the problem remains.
On my MacBook Air, there is no problem (same OS, same 1P version etc.)

Thank you for your help

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patrice_hof

Thank you very much for taking some time to tell us about this. 1Password got a bit confused with more than French in one of our previous updates, it was a bug regarding localizations in general. I think you probably have a different version of 1Password on the MacBook Air: either you have not updated for a while (a couple of months or so) or you have Betas enabled and you're running one of our latest Betas. Either way, it seems like we have managed to squash the bug ;) If it's not that much trouble for you, you can wait a little bit longer until we deploy the fix on a stable version of 1Password. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous you can enable Betas by going to 1Password Préférences then "Mises à jour" and pick the option "Inclure les versiones bêta".

Please let us know what you decide and if you do try the new Beta how it looks like for you :chuffed:

• patrice_hof
    patrice_hof
    Community Member

Thank you Pilar. Some of my problems seem to be fixed with the version 6.5. But not all of them!
    Some field names are still in English, but not in every category.
    This is a minor problem, perhaps will it be fixed in a next update...
    Best.
    patrice

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patrice_hof

You're very welcome! Can you please tell us which fields you're still having some trouble with? Would you mind creating a new item and seeing if everything is translated on that new item? Thank you very much for helping us improve 1Password :chuffed:

• patrice_hof
    patrice_hof
    Community Member

the categories "driver licences" and "Passports" still have fields in English.
    But when I create a new item in one of theses categories, the fields are now translated in French.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patrice_hof,

the categories "driver licences" and "Passports" still have fields in English.

Do you mean items you previously created in those categories still show English fields? If so, and if new items have the French fields, I believe that is expected behavior. Now that the bug is fixed, new items should be localized correctly, but existing items won't be affected.

If you have items with English field labels that you want to be in French, a workaround is to create a new item and copy/paste the information from the old item. To make that easier, you can click the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar, find the old item, and click the anchor button in the item details to keep it open in a floating window. Then you can easily copy data from there to the new item in the main 1Password app.

I apologize for the inconvenience! I hope this helps, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-4433

This discussion has been closed.