Feature Request: Shortcut key for copying username.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

First off, I really love 1password.

After being a former user of the old open source but team unfriendly Keepass products for more than 10 years, there is a single feature that it has that 1password hasn't surpassed in greatness in every aspect; the ability to copy the username-field data into memory by pressing ctrl-b/cmd-b.

It may seem unnecessary to some reasoning "use the browser plugin", but I store a lot of non-browser type logins used in various ways where a plugin cannot help me and I usually don't want to move my hand to the mouse.

Keeping up with 1passwords standard of cmd-shift-c I would humbly suggest cmd-shift-b to copy username if available into memory or else pass if the object type does not have a corresponding record.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @oscardix,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your suggestion! I can definitely see how that would be useful for you, and we occasionally hear similar requests from other customers. Although I can't make any promises about if/when we'll add a keyboard shortcut to copy the username, I'll gladly add your comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know you'd like to be able to do that.

For now, you'll be happy to know that it's possible to copy the username from a Login item without using your mouse. When using a non-browser app, you can use the ⌥⌘\ (option+command+backslash) keyboard shortcut to open 1Password mini, then use the arrow keys to navigate to the Login item (or start typing the name of the Login item to search for it). When the item details appear, use the up or down arrow to highlight the username field, then press return/enter on your keyboard to copy it. (Also, if you need to copy more than one field from that item, you can use ⌘O when viewing the item details to keep them open in a floating window.)

Aside from that, I'm really glad to hear you love 1Password! Thanks again for your suggestion, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know! :)

ref: OPM-1733

This discussion has been closed.