Mini no longer showing usernames for identically named accounts?

mayostard
mayostard
Community Member

Hi. I just updated my Mac to macOS Sierra, and upon using 1Password for the first time, it appears that the Mini display no longer shows me the username as a sub-title when I have multiple accounts for the same domain:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmff9d7z6b9no94/Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 7.39.08 AM.png?dl=0

This feature is crucial to me now, as I've renamed those accounts to be identical and not differentiable without that subtitle appearing.

I'm not sure if this bug appeared in the newest update of 1Password, or the newest update of macOS, or what, but this is definitely the first time I've noticed it.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.5 (635001)
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mayostard,

I'm sorry 1Password mini isn't showing you the username for items with the same title! I'm sure we can help to figure this out one way or another.

Thank you for the screenshot, it's really helpful for us! It certainly looks like it should be showing usernames next to those Login items. I haven't heard of this being a problem in the versions the app, extension, and OS you're using, and it works correctly for me with the same setup. Is this happening for just those two specific "apple.com" Login items? Or is it also a problem for other Login items that have the same title as each other?

Is it possible one of those items has a space at the end of the title? If so, that would make it a different title than the other, even though they appear the same when listed next to each other. You can check that in the main 1Password app if you find one of those Logins, click Edit, and look at the text in the title (which should be highlighted by default). Is there a space at the end? Once you check that, click Cancel, then do the same with the other Login to see if it has a space.

If the titles of both items are identical and neither one has an extra space at the end, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Once you do that, go back to apple.com in a browser and open the 1Password extension / mini to see if the usernames are shown next to the Login items. If they still aren't shown, please reboot your Mac and try again. Does it make any difference?

Let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• mayostard
    mayostard
    Community Member

Excellent suggestion! I checked those two logins and indeed there was a space at the end of one of them. Not sure how that snuck in there, but I got rid of the space and they are now properly showing the usernames in 1Password Mini. Problem solved. Thank you so much!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm really glad that turned out to be the cause, as it's the only thing I could think of that would make that problem happen. :lol:

If you need anything else, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.