Migrating to new Mac from Time Machine. How do I get File Vault to put on new computer?

samak
samak
Community Member

Migrating to new Mac from Time Machine. How do I get most recent version of File Vault to put on new Mac. Purchased 1P from App Store: when I download vault to move to new computer it has 1/3 the passwords

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samak,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting 1Password set up on your new Mac! We'll do our best to help you get this all sorted out.

How do I get most recent version of File Vault to put on new Mac.

Just to make sure I understand, when you say "File Vault", are you referring to the "FileVault" security setting on your Mac (in System Preferences > Security & Privacy) which encrypts your entire hard drive? Or are you asking how to restore your data in 1Password?

...when I download vault to move to new computer it has 1/3 the passwords

Can you please describe the steps you took to copy your 1Password data from your old Mac to your new Mac? It sounds like Time Machine was involved, but there are different ways to restore 1Password data from a Time Machine backup, so it will help if you can give us some more specific details about that.

It will also help if you can let us know more information about your setup:

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.