To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I change the license file?

Options
ktalebian
ktalebian
Community Member

I have 1Password installed on Mac, but it has the company license file on it. I purchased a personal license, and I want to switch over. How do I do that? I tried deleting the app, and reinstalling it, but it is still using the same license file.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changing license

Comments

• Hi @ktalebian! Good question. With a 1Password subscription, you don't need a license at all. Removing the one you already have in the app is a bit tricky, but we can do that to get things cleared up. Do you have some data in 1Password right now? If it's not your company's, you should move it over to your account so you can keep using it:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

After you've moved your existing data over, you can remove the old license by resetting the 1Password app. You'll need to sign in to your account after you do this, so make sure you have your Emergency Kit ready.

How to erase your 1Password data and start over

That will remove the license, and you should be all set going forward. Let us know how things go. :)

This discussion has been closed.