Web forms are filling out with the wrong (old) CVV2.

Options

I've replaced my credit card twice and the CVV2 is correct in 1password, but the CVV2 field (sometimes called "verification code" on some forms) always fills in with the old number (from two cards ago). Other details like cc number and expiration complete correctly. Chrome has no saved credit card number. Any idea what's happening? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:CVV2

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbro0428: There are a few things that may be happening here. First, do you have multiple fields with the code in them? Credit Card items in 1Password don't actually have a "CVV" or "CVV2" field. Did you create one of these yourself using a custom field? If so, these cannot fill. 1Password has a "verification number" field for this purpose, which it can fill, so unless you have the code saved there something else — or nothing at all — will be filled for that. Another possibility is the item type. Did you perhaps save this information to something other than a Credit Card item — for example, a Login? Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• jbro0428
    jbro0428
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this! You are correct, the "verification number" field in 1Password had the old number in it. Because it was obscured I never saw it, and cvv2 must have been something I added manually. Updated the verification number with correct data and it's working properly. Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad it was a simple answer! :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.