retrieve an earlier version of "secure Notes"

JackBlanton
JackBlanton
Community Member

I mistakenly wrote over an item in "Secure Notes" and would like to retrieve, or at least, look at an older version or "Secure Notes". I retrieved an earlier version using "File restore..." and downloaded a zip file fromr an earlier time. I unzipped the file and now have two files: <.changes> and <.squite> and don't know how to make use of these files.

Is there an easier process to follow in order to have a look at an older version of "Secure Notes"? If not, what to do with the two files?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:restore item in secure notes

Comments

• JackBlanton
    JackBlanton
    Community Member

Using 1Password 6, Version 6.
    on Macs running:
    OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.8.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JackBlanton

Thank you for taking some time to write to us. There is an easy way for you to see an earlier version of your data in 1Password, however I do want to warn you to proceed with caution to make sure you don't lose any new data. Go to Preferences in 1Password and then to "Backup". Click on "Backup now" to be sure you have a backup of the most recent data. Then look at the backup list and pick a date before the changes took place in your secure note. Click on "Restore", 1Password will reverse all your data to the state of that backup. Take a look at your secure note, write down or remember everything you need in there. When you are done, repeat the process of going to Preferences>Backup and restore today's backup to set your data back to the current one.

Please let us know how this goes for you and if you have any questions before starting this process we're here for you! :chuffed:

• JackBlanton
    JackBlanton
    Community Member

Thanks very much. Your step-by-step directions were well written, and I was able to recover the missing data easily.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're most welcome! I'm glad her steps were clear and helpful for you.

We're always happy to help, so if you have more questions or need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.