Hello out there. Is it possible to log in directly to the second vault in 1PW6?

Apee
Apee
Community Member

My wive and I are using a standalone version of 1PW since quite a while. Mine ist the primary vault, my wive owns the secondary. I have a really secure (means complicated) master-password, which my wive refuses to use. So she has her own easy one, for direct logins into 1PW 5 secondary vault. An easy thing... . But not in 1PW 6! I did question this some month ago and I want to know if it is meanwhile possible to login the secondary vault directly in Version 6, too? I don't wanna pay 5 € a month for Team or Family ability's to re-get this easy and comfortable feature of vers. 5. But anyway I won't stay with vers. 5 for the rest of my life too... . Can you help here?

Sorry for my somewhat strange english, best wishes, Andreas

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:open secondary vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Apee: Thanks for reaching out! 1Password 6 does not have the ability to require a separate Master Password for secondary vaults. 1Password is very much a single user app, but we're considering ways we could add a "profile" feature or similar in a future version, but I can't make any promises there. What I can promise you though is that your wife can use a separate macOS user account to have her own 1Password setup and Master Password. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Apee
    Apee
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, thanks for your comment. A second user account ist not the baddest idea - I will mention that. Thanks again for helping out.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Apee

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome! I hope that the second user account sorts the problem for you, and that some day we're able to see different profiles as Brenty mentioned :chuffed: Please let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.