Software license sort order on version number

mgshoutman
mgshoutman
Community Member

I have been asking this for years now but is it possible to have Software License sorti order not only by Name but also by Version number. With lots of licenses it becomes a mess. Still don't understand why nobody notices this....

1Password Version: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mgshoutman,

Thanks for checking in and reminding us that you'd like 1Password to factor the version number when sorting Software License items with the same title! We still have an open ticket for this in our internal tracker, and I see previous requests from you in there. I'll be happy to add your latest request/reminder as well. I know you've been asking about it for a long time now, and I'm sorry it hasn't been implemented yet. To be honest, we rarely hear requests for this, so I don't think many people notice. But I think it's a great idea and I hope we can do that at some point!

For now, as I'm sure you already know, a workaround would be to include the version number in the names of the items. For example, if you name them 1Password 1, 1Password 2, 1Password 3, and so on, they should be sorted in the expected order. I know it's not the same as taking the version number from the item details into account, but I thought I should suggest it in case no one else has.

Thanks again, and please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-997

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

@Drew_AG thanks (again). Believe with 100+ Software Licenses it becomes quite cluttered and you have to find your way to make changes.

Your work around it only a temp solution, but not what we both want :)

P.S. Why is the 6.5 update only available (nov 10th) for MAS and not for non-MAS ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mgshoutman: Good question! Frankly we can never be sure when the Mac App Store version will get approved, and while the same release is available in the beta channel, the official stable update of that same release will be available to everyone soon as well. Cheers! :)

• ravensorb
    ravensorb
    Community Member

I'd like to add my "vote" for this too -- ideally I'd love to be able to add multiple keys/files under one "Software" item. Maybe have a "version" concept that actually has the key, file, order information?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ravensorb: Ah, that's interesting: having an item represent an app, with different sections for multiple versions. You can actually do this now by adding custom fields, but we can also consider making it more "official" in the future. :)

• ravensorb
    ravensorb
    Community Member

@brenty -- that would be great. With the number of software license keys most of us probably have it would go a long way to helping organize and find things faster (would be cool if the nest items could be sorted by version or date of purchase).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to let us know! Although I can't make any promises about if or when we might add something like that, I can certainly let our developers know you'd be interested.

If you need anything else, we're here for you. Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.