I am changing my computer from a Mac mini to a MacBook Pro 2012. can I migrate my one password

mhazen2028
mhazen2028
Community Member

I have been unable to get an extension to work on the MacBook Pro. Will I be able to use the one password I have on the MacBook Pro and if so how?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am changing my computer from a Mac mini to a MacBook Pro 2012. can I migrate my one password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhazen2028,

Thanks for contacting us with your question! I'll be happy to help you out with that.

Will I be able to use the one password I have on the MacBook Pro and if so how?

Yes, you can certainly use 1Password on your MacBook Pro and migrate/sync your data there. First, you'll need to download the 1Password app on your MacBook Pro. If you bought a 1Password license from our AgileBits Store, or if you have a 1Password.com account, you can download 1Password from our download site. If you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password, and download/install it from the Purchased section.

As for your 1Password data, there are several ways to get it from one computer to another, and we explain them here: How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.