auto lockout

TripleHjr
TripleHjr
Community Member

I can open 1Password (vers. 6.3.5) at 6am and by 9am it has locked itself out and I have to re-enter the master password--and, no, I have not gone to prefs and selected "auto lockout in x minutes"--

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:auto lockout

Comments

• Hi @TripleHjr! Sorry about that. Let's check a few settings. There are other auto-lock settings that can contribute to 1Password locking itself even when you don't have the idle one enabled:

Learn how to manage auto-lock settings

Try disabling some of the others and let us know what you find. :)

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member

Hi Jacob--I have reviewed that page in prefs for Mac and have/had no boxes selected as I said in my initial post--

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TripleHjr,

Thank you for letting us know you don't have any of the auto-lock settings enabled (it doesn't look like you included that in your initial post, which is why Jacob mentioned it).

So, it sounds like 1Password is locking itself at some point during a 3-hour window when it shouldn't be. Does that happen only between 6am and 9am like you said in your first post, or was that just one example? Did it happen just once, or is it something that happens daily? (Or multiple times per day?) If this happens regularly, when did you first notice it? Or has it been doing this ever since you started using 1Password?

During that 3-hour window, are you using your Mac for pretty much that whole time? Or do you leave and come back, and that's when you notice 1Password is locked? Does your Mac sleep at all during that time, or is the screen saver activated, or does it seem like anything else in particular is triggering the auto-lock in 1Password? If there's any sort of pattern, that might help determine what's causing that.

Also, do you switch Mac users, sign out of your Mac user account, or reboot your Mac at all during that time?

If you don't normally reboot your Mac, please try rebooting it and see if the problem happens again. Does that seem to help?

Thanks in advance! :)

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member

I am happy to report that in last 10 days this problem has not re-appeared so it must have been fixed by the 3 or 4 updates you have recently put out--Thank you for 1PW it makes my life so easy with 171 logins--Triple H

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew and the rest of the team, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that 1Password is helping you in your day to day life! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.