Do I need to purchase another app if I add a laptop to my iMac

RogerN
RogerN
Community Member

I have had a license for my iMac and that allowed me to use 1Password on my computer, two iPhones and an iPad. If I add a laptop, can I still use the one license or will I have to purchase another app? Thanks for your help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Do I need to purchase another app if I add a laptop to my iMac

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RogerN

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. Our license are issued per person and until earlier this year per platform. This means that you can use it on as many Macs as you owe, but if you need to use it on a Windows machine you'll need to get an upgrade. The great news in this case is that you get a great discount for this :chuffed:

Please let us know some more details about your configurations and we'll be glad to help you sort out everything so you can have 1Password on all your devices :chuffed:

• RogerN
    RogerN
    Community Member

Hi Pilar, Thank you for your help. I just this week signed up for an account, but it now looks like I won't need that. My new MacBook Pro won't be here for a couple of weeks, so I would like to know how to cancel the "account" and also how to install 1Password on my new laptop. I really appreciate 1Password, but also the tremendously helpful staff such as yourself. Thanks again.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RogerN

You're very welcome and thank you very much for your kind words! I hope you enjoy your new computer a lot as well as 1Password!

You will need to move your items back into your local vault: you can do this by following the same steps you used to move your data to begin with. You can find them here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ Just make sure you move the items from Personal into Primary this time :chuffed: Once all your items are back in your Primary vault you can go to Preferences in 1Password then "Accounts" and pick "Sign out". You can sign out from as many devices as you had added.

You don't need to delete your account if you don't want to. You can keep in case you decide later on to use it again :chuffed: If you want to delete it for sure, then you can go to the admin console (sign into your account on a browser) then click on the name of your account, pick "Family Settings" and you'll find "Delete Account". Please be sure you have moved all your data before doing this as you won't be able to recover it after you've completed the deletion process.

Please let us know how it all goes for you, and if you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• RogerN
    RogerN
    Community Member

Oh Boy >_< ! I deleted my account this AM without understanding the implications. When I open 1Password on my mac, the logins are all there but they are also in Trash. The logins are also on my iOS devices. On my mac, it shows the option of "Restore" logins. It seems like I could do that and then delete duplicates. Will that work? Again, I really appreciate your help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RogerN

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I have good news for you :chuffed: I've checked on our side of things and your account appears as "Active", not deleted. I think you might have only removed it from your device. You can either add your account again and finish the process, or see if you want to just restore the items as you mentioned. I'm not sure what would cause less trouble for you and avoid less duplicates, etc.

If you're not sure what would work best for you you could send us a Diagnostics Report so we can take a look into you configuration and give you some more detailed advice :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Please let us know how you decide so we can get you all set up :chuffed:

• RogerN
    RogerN
    Community Member

Here is my Support ID number: [#PMI-82588-864]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RogerN

Thank you very much for the Diagnostics Report :chuffed: I've responded to you over email, we'll continue the conversation over there!

ref: #PMI-82588-864

This discussion has been closed.