Entering team QR code by camera

alanshutko
alanshutko
Community Member

It would be really nice if left and right were reversed in the camera view when scanning a QR code to sign into a team account. That way, it would be easier to line the QR code up with the grid.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alanshutko

Thank you for taking some time to contact us and let us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. I would like to know, are you having some trouble using the camera to read a QR code? If so, could you give us some more details of what seems to be the issue? I've personally used it several time, and it's always been instantaneous, sometimes even fore I finish turning my phone around! I would like to know what we're doing different so we can pin point what might me causing trouble here :chuffed:

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member

I did have some problem getting my 2010 iMac to read the QR code from my phone. The main trouble was just lining up my phone. I'd move my hand right, the image on screen would move left. I'd move my hand left, the image would move right.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @alanshutko! I see what you mean. Although I can't make any promises about if/when we might change that, I can certainly forward your request to our developers to let them know.

In case it helps, you shouldn't need to line up the QR code exactly with the blue lines in the camera view. It just needs to be somewhere inside of those lines, and as long as it isn't too far away, the camera should be able to read it.

We really appreciate your feedback about that, and perhaps we'll be able to make this process easier in the future. If you need help with 1Password or have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.