kohl's login and Chrome on Mac

Options

I am running Chrome Version 55.0.2883.44 beta (64-bit) on Mac Sierra 10.12.1 with 1Password 6
Version 6.5.BETA-35 (650035)

Bottom line is... 1Password will log in no issue on Firefox and Safari to Kohl's website, but CHROME consistently will not fill in the username OR the password. You dod not even need a working account to show this issue... just save a fake username and pass and see for yourself.

This started after updating to sierra. It is the same experience across ALL my macs.

Can you give it a try and confirm you have a similar issue? I even switched to trying the betas to see if that would fix it... but no lock.

Please help.

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-35 (650035)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Mac Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:kohls, kb:undefined, kb-search:kohl's

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @neofactor,

Despite the seeming simplicity of their login page when I took a peek there are 302 elements that could be potentially interacted with over 21 forms. To fill we need to pass a description of this page over to 1Password - it's how 1Password can figure out what to fill into what field. There is a unfortunately a limitation in Chrome where if we need to send too large a message from the extension to 1Password Chrome will forcibly shut the WebSocket connection from under us. The limitations on the message size are not the same in Firefox or Safari. As a result it means we've found there are pages where we can fill in Safari and Firefox but not in Chrome.

Slightly longer term, a change we hope to make may alleviate this but for now there are sadly pages that will result in Chrome killing our connection to 1Password and so it will seem as if we don't fill :(

• neofactor
    neofactor
    Community Member
    Options

Makes sense based on my experiences. Clicking Command-\ pulls up the 1password box, but then after it fails to login... it takes me to the one in the top bar saying but does not offer any options for the site... as if it was "reset".

Lets hope a future update on either CHROME or 1Password fix it soon. I have several sites that work like this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @neofactor,

Indeed, fingers crossed :smile:

Oddly enough I've not been affected with the sites I routinely use myself. While I'm not a Chrome user, Vivaldi is based on Chromium and subject to the same limitation. Hopefully not too many sites you routinely use are affected. When you find a site that won't fill it is worth seeing if the issue is in Safari or Firefox too. If we're not filling in all three browsers we really do want to know as that's a site-specific issue that we may not be aware of.

This discussion has been closed.