Chrome extension very slow to unlock

vels
vels
Community Member

I use Chrome (latest) as my primary browser on my late 2012 macbook pro (OSX 10.10.5, 2.6ghz, 16gb ram).

When i try to open the 1password integration and input my master password it takes about a minute to unlock and allow me to access my logins. It wasnt always like this, but im not sure why its changed, it used to take seconds to unlock.

Ive got c. 1500 logins saved, which although is allot, my gut feeling isnt this is not the issue.

I also have 3 vaults, 1 personal which is synced via icloud to my iphone and ipad. And a shared business vault with other people at work which is synced over dropbox.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue ?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: icloud for 1 vault, dropbox for another

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vels,

I'm sorry for our delayed response here! And I'm sorry you're experiencing such a long delay when unlocking 1Password. A minute is definitely way too long! But we'll help you figure this out one way or another.

If I understand, the delay happens when you unlock 1Password from the extension in Chrome. Does the same thing happen if you unlock the main 1Password app instead of the extension? If you're not sure, try locking 1Password, then launch the main app and enter your master password to see what happens.

Either way, one thing you can try is to restart 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Now try unlocking it again. Is there still a 1-minute delay, or does it work better this time?

If that doesn't help, please also try rebooting your Mac. After it restarts, try unlocking 1Password again. Is there any difference?

If you're still having the same problem after that, and if the delay only happens when unlocking it from the extension in Chrome (not when unlocking the main app), you can try deleting and reinstalling the extension:

• In Chrome, go to Window > Extensions in the menubar.
    • In the Extensions window, click the trash can icon next to the 1Password extension and click Remove.
    • Restart Chrome.
    • Open the following link in Chrome: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the big green Install button, and follow the steps on the new page to install the extension.

Please let us know how it all goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.