No 3rd party folder

ChainsawBaby
ChainsawBaby
Community Member

Hey, I've been trying for some time to get 1Password to work in Alfred. But 1Password does not generate the 3rd Party Integration folder.
I just tried to install the latest beta, with no success either.
If I make the folder myself and create a bookmarks-default.json file myself, it works in Alfred.

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-35
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ChainsawBaby

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. You can get third party integration going if you go to Preferences in 1Password and then pick "Advanced". By the middle you'll find the option "Enable 3rd party app integrations". Please let us know if enabling this solves your problem :chuffed:

• ChainsawBaby
    ChainsawBaby
    Community Member

Hey @Pilar

I have activated the "Enable 3rd party app integrations" as you can see in this screenshot https://i.bratteng.xyz/7QctB70p5P.png
    I recently installed 1Password on another mac, with latest version of macOS, this time too, with no success

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChainsawBaby: I'm sorry for the confusion. Your original message wasn't clear, so I think Pilar may have thought the same thing I did initially: that you were using the beta of Alfred which supported this. Fortunately it looks like they've released a stable version of 3.2 with support for 3rd party integration for 1Password Accounts, so check for updates and you should be all set. Cheers! :)

• ChainsawBaby
    ChainsawBaby
    Community Member

@brenty

I have Alfred v3.2, and 1Password 1Password 6 v6.5.1.BETA-3.

The thing is, 1Password does to generate the folder 3rd Party integration

The path I'm looking at is ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

• Hi @ChainsawBaby ,

Sorry for the confusion this is causing. Alfred 3.2 no longer uses that folder for integration, so if it's not there, it's not needed. There should be a folder in ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password. However, the app should still make that folder for compatibility with older versions of 3rd party utilities.

Try going back into the preferences, and turning the preference off, and then on again. If it still doesn't work, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• ChainsawBaby
    ChainsawBaby
    Community Member

Ah, when I pointed Alfred to ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password it works.
    But 1Password still doesn't make the 3rd Party folder in Application Support

• @ChainsawBaby,

this is correct, the prior 3rd party folder implementation was removed in favor of a spotlight compatible replacement that Alfred/launchbar/quicksilver are going to be making use of going forward.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.