1password - on Steam?

Options

Hi folks!
I just want to say you are sooooo helpful and great and everything.
I just wish there would be a way for you to appear on steam, as a product, and to integrate it as steam guard into 1passwords.
If the way exists, id be gratefull for you to explain.
Thnx
M

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Athelas,

Thanks for writing in, and thanks for your kind words! We do love our work and our customers and we hope that it shows. :) I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

If I understand, you're asking about using the one-time-password feature of 1Password to generate a code for the Steam Guard feature when signing into your account on Steam's website. Is that correct?

If so, that depends on what standard is being used by Steam Guard to generate one-time passwords. 1Password supports RFC 6238, which is the same as Google Authenticator. I tried using Steam Guard and it seems to be generating different types of one-time passwords than 1Password or Google Authenticator, but I wasn't able to find out for sure exactly what standard it uses. Do you happen to know what one-time password standard is being used by Steam Guard?

• Athelas
    Athelas
    Community Member
    Options

No idea at all. But I suggested you list 1 password to sell on steam!!!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not even sure how we would go about selling on Steam or what that would look like, but I haven't heard anything about it, so I don't think it's on our radar right now. As for filling inside of Steam, I don't think they have an extension API like Chrome and other browsers do, so that's one that would require a third-party integration that we are eyeing to provide in the future, but unlike on iOS, Apple hasn't provided the same robust app extensions system to allow apps to integrate with each other in a secure manner, and developing it on our own will require a lot of investigation, threat modeling, and security design background before we can start tapping out the code to make it happen.

This discussion has been closed.