I can't get the data on all devices. Based on forum, I deleted it from my MacBook, help!

ricweb333
ricweb333
Community Member

I purchased 1password a while ago for my macbook air. I added the app to my ipad and iphone. I added data to the iphone. I found out I needed to create a 1password account so did so. The data did not appear on all devices. I looked at and tried synch but nothing worked. I went to the help forum and it said to delete the app and the data would appear. I deleted it from my Mac Book Air, now it looks like I need to repurchase the app for my mac.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: account
Referrer: forum-search:I can't get the data on all devices. Based on forum, I deleted it from my MacBook, help!

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ricweb333

I'm very sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. This post will help you understand the difference between these: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

If you want to start using the account then you'll need to add the account on all your devices, and then migrate your data: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/. How long ago did your purchase 1Password originally? Did you get it from the Mac AppStore or some other email? I couldn't find you with this email.

If you want to continue using 1Password with local vaults then you'll need to either get it from the Mac AppStore again or apply your license that you should have in the email that you used to purchase 1Password from originally. If you can't find it, please send us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll help you find it :chuffed:

Once you've done this, you'll need to setup a syncing method to get your data in all your devices. I think iCloud will be the easiest for you, but you can read about the different options and how to set them up here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Please let us know what you decide and how it all goes for you :chuffed:

• ricweb333
    ricweb333
    Community Member

Hi Support

Thanks for the reply, I purchased 1password through the Mac Apple Store on 1/30/2016. Looks like I was a couple of weeks early to get the type that uses an account. Synching sounds like a pain and I would rather use the new version with the account. I did sign up for an account and couldn't figure out why my data wasn't automatically synching.
    1- I am forwarding my purchase to support+licenses@agilebits.com. Can I still get this loaded back on my Mac?
    2- Can you help me upgrade to a new version with a small cost or do I need to purchase the new version at the full price? I'd rather not have to spend that much money again.

Thank you
    Betty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ricweb333: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there and see if there's something we can do to help. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: NFS-82569-816

This discussion has been closed.