In family trial - not understanding how to set this up.

notsavy
notsavy
Community Member

Love the idea of 1Password and it came recommended, clearly by a person that understands computers more than I. I'm struggling with entering my data. I was on a roll with reward programs (Hilton, Delta etc) until I noticed that I'm entering them under reward and a duplicate is showing up under login with the company logo. I assume mine is wrong and the login one with the logo is correct, but there is no obvious way to delete the reward version.
This is under the Personal tab.
Using a 2012 MacBook Air Sierra 10.12.1 with Chrome.
Hope this gets better. Not sure I'm going to purchase, especially for a recurrent subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• notsavy
    notsavy
    Community Member

So ... Is this where one goes to get help for this program?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @notsavy

I'm sorry for the delay in the answer and for the confusion with 1Password, I hope that we can get you all sorted out and set up in no time! :chuffed:

First of all, it's not so much that one of the items is right and the other is wrong, but more that you have different information with different details in them. Logins will let you sign into sites automatically, so if you don't want duplicates you can for sure delete the ones in the other category. You can delete the items either by right click on any of them on the list and the picking the option "Move to trash" or by clicking on "Edit" on the bottom right corner and again choosing "Move to trash" to the left from where you just clicked "Edit". Just so you know, trashed items will remain on the bin in case you ever need to recover them. If you then empty the trash then the change will be permanent :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes and if you have any other questions or anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• notsavy
    notsavy
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. The Edit - Move to Trash worked. When I right-clicked, I didn't get that option. Anyway, issue resolved. Thank you very much!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.