Really irritating behavior change in 1PW 6.5

Options

Using Safari, I go to a particular website and click the "Login" button on the page, which takes me to the login page.
The login screen appears and Safari has pre-filled the "Userid" and "Password" fields. The pre-filled values are incorrect which isn't a problem (actually desirable) since they prevent a successful login without using 1PW.
I click the 1PW browser extension icon.

Prior to 6.5, the browser extension would present the dropdown list with the website name at the top, I would click on it and the correct values would be entered, and all was good.

Now, over half of the time 1PW puts up a dialog asking me if I want to modify or create the website info, and I have to click "Not now" before continuing. In other words, what used to be a 1-click login process now requires multiple clicks!

Could you PLEASE add a "Never for this website" button to the dialog so 1PW will remember not to keep asking me if I want to update the info? This is really irritating!

1Password Version: 6.5 betas
Extension Version: 4.6.2b2
OS Version: macOS 10.12.2 beta 2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @gold47. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having and also for the delay in replying to your post. It sounds like what happened is the site changed in a way that makes 1Password think that there is a new Login being submitted. Either that or one of our fixes in a recent 1Password extension update made the saving behavior more aggressive. Would you mind sharing the site URL with us? It's nearly impossible to troubleshoot what is going on without being able to look at the code.

As for getting rid of the prompts, in the 1Password autosave window, there is a gear button in the bottom left and it has a "Never" option. You can also add sites directly to the list in the main app under 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.