Saving security questions

klbull
klbull
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

Hi. I have been using 1Password for years, but have never been able to save the security questions that a few sites give me. I end up taking a screenshot and saving it to evernote which is less than ideal. I'm doing some housekeeping in my 1P database and from this time forward would like to have these questions saved. I'm using this:

1Password
Version 6.3.3 (633000)
Mac App Store

As well as the iOS version (latest one 6.4.5?)

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.3 Mac app store
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 6.4.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Aktariel
    Aktariel
    Community Member

I don't think there's an official field for that, so it can't be autofilled.

But, what I use for the security questions is the notes field; it makes for easy copy & paste. If you prefer photos, you can add attachments to a login.

• klbull
    klbull
    Community Member

My problem is that by the time I set up the login information, I lose the ability to copy and paste into the notes field. Thanks though, it looks like I'm not missing something obvious.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @klbull

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble finding a nice place for your security questions. You have a couple of options to deal with them. The easiest (and one that I must confess I use on sites with 5 or more security questions), is to just create a new item on the category "Secure Notes" and paste the questions and answers there. You can do this bu clicking the + button on the bottom of the main app. If you want a more elegant solution, you can follow @Aktariel good advice. Once you've created an item you can always click on Edit on the bottom right corner in the main app when it's selected. You can then add the security question with it's answers in the "Notes" field or even go further and create a "Section" called "Security questions" and then create new field for each question and answer. I think that what you might have been missing is the "Edit" button, to be able to use the notes section.

Please let us know if this helps you, if you still have some trouble getting this done and would like to see some screenshots let me know and I'll be glad to get them for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.