How do I enter a bug report? [open and fill is filling incorrect credentials for AWS logins]

Options
ahammond
ahammond
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I have multiple AWS accounts for access to consoles. When I click on the open & fill link for the one that appears at the top of the list of accounts, it works. When I click on the open & fill link for any of the other accounts, it opens the correct site / link but it inserts the credentials from the first account. I'm guessing what you guys do is "open this site and then auto-fill it". The site links are as follows: https://331840785346.signin.aws.amazon.com/console https://425614037785.signin.aws.amazon.com/console, etc.

1Password 6
Version 6.3.5 (635001)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: Version 6.3.5 (635001)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:multiple accounts for single site

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @ahammond. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the trouble and for the delay in replying to you.

When you click a URL from Login, we actually use the UUID of the item and vault to make sure that after the page loads we're actually filling the exact Login that you requested. 1Password doesn't autofill like your browser or some other password managers do. When you ask 1Password to fill, you're always asking for a specific set of credentials to fill.

That being said, I'm not sure what could be happening in this case… Do you have this problem with any other sites that you have multiple Logins for? Amazon is one of the sites we have some special handling for, but I don't believe this should be able to cause the behavior you're seeing.

Can you let us know in as much detail as possible how you're invoking the Login? For instance, are you searching in 1Password mini or clicking the URL in the main app? Is the behavior the same in both approaches?

Lastly, if you locate the item in the 1Password main application and then drag the item from the list to a text situation like a new TextEdit document, is the URL correct? You'll see some bits at the end like onepasswdfill, but other than that, does it look right?

I'm sorry I have more questions than answers for you right now. Thanks for your help in trying to narrow the situation down. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• ahammond
    ahammond
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the response! I did some further testing and discovered that this was just for one single credential. I created a new one, copied the data over and... fixed! I'm trying to remember back how I created these accounts, but it's fuzzy. I think that maybe I copied one from the other? Maybe take a quick glance at that code-path and make sure it's generating a new guid. Otherwise, problem resolved.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't see anything strange in a quick look through the code. We did have a bug a few months ago where some URLs' hashes weren't getting properly updated and that caused a couple of very strange behaviors. I don't remember anything like this during that time, but perhaps it's related? Sorry I don't have anything more definitive for you right now. If you have any other issues, though, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.