Dropbox Notification - 80 .1password keychain files deleted

kaplanfx
kaplanfx
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

I got a system notification that 80 files had been deleted on Dropbox. When I looked they were .1password keychain files. I didn't delete them and I haven't updated or changed passwords in few days.

The interesting thing is all my passwords still seem to be in all my Dropbox clients, and syncing still appears to work. It looks like I could undelete them in Dropbox, but I'm afraid that would cause issues when it syncs again.

The only thing I can think is that one of my 1password clients purged a bunch of keys (for instance passwords I created but didn't use and were in trash) and then those changes synced with Dropbox. Like I said, I'm afraid to do anything because everything still seems to be working fine, but I've never seen this before. Any thoughts, has anyone else seen this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @kaplanfx ,

You mentioned one of your clients "purged" a bunch of keys. Do you mean emptied the trash in 1Password? If so, that certainly could explain the notification. Note that 1Password also keeps regular backups (not on Dropbox) so if something ever does go wrong, you can revert to a backup. But it doesn't sound like anything went wrong here.

I hope that helps. If you have further questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• kaplanfx
    kaplanfx
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin,

I did not manually empty the trash but the trash appears to be empty on all clients. Does 1Password empty the trash automatically at some points?

• @kaplanfx,

1Password doesn't have any mechanism to automatically empty the trash, it would have to have been manually done on one of the connected machines.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.