Cannot update account information in Mac app after account recovery

Pontoffel_Pock
Pontoffel_Pock
Community Member

I have a Family member whose account we had to recover because they forgot their master password. That process worked fine and they can now log in with their new key and master password to 1password.com. The problem is that the installed Mac application still has the old key and master password. My Family member cannot remove or edit that account information because they do not know their old master password. How can we update that old account information or remove/re-add inside the Mac app?

1Password Version: 6.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Pontoffel_Pock: Ah, I see. Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! For a second I thought, "Wow. That's a bit of a pickle." But it turns out we have an option for that. Since they have their data in their 1Password Account (just double check that for me on 1Password.com), they can safely go to 1Password Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data to start over. Then they can login to their account to setup the app and they'll be all set. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Pontoffel_Pock
    Pontoffel_Pock
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for your help. He did have all of his data on 1Password.com, so your suggestion worked perfectly!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.