Looking for Upgrade to v6.5 from v6.3.5

dgkanter
dgkanter
Community Member

[I've seen other forum threads related to a comparable problem, but responses to them seemed to indicate the upgrade was now available via Apple Store or AgileBits.]
Running v6.3.5 on my MacBookPro11,3 (late 2013). Didn't see that v6.5 requires a TouchBar-equipped Mac. (My order for one has delivery later this month.)
Did a 1Password6>Check for Updates and response was "You are up to date". Retrieved license info and it reported "1Password 6 for Mac Single License." Clicked on the Download link in that response and was taken to getting what turned out to be the download of v6.3.5 (1Password-6.3.5.pkg).
Where should I be going/doing to get v6.5?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sseb21
    sseb21
    Community Member

My touch-bar Mac just came today and sits at 6.3.5 not updating to version 6.5. Not really understanding this when the Mac App Store shows its latest version at 6.5.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@dgkanter @sseb21 please see this AgileBits' post.

Stephen

• dgkanter
    dgkanter
    Community Member

Stephen: I had, but that was posted yesterday; hence my opening comment. I had taken the "You'll get the brand new update before you even notice it…You'll be able to enjoy 1Password 6.5 before you even know it." in that other thread as suggesting it would be, by now, readily available and, thus, I just didn't know which path to take to get it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dgkanter: Just enable betas in 1Password Preferences > Updates and you don't have to wait at all. Cheers! :)

• dgkanter
    dgkanter
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

brenty: Thanks for the suggestion (I had seen it there), but that was not the point--at least not mine. I'm still expecting a path to the formally released, final-build, of v6.5--even if it turns out to be the last beta build--that is purportedly "out there".

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dgkanter

Thank you for your patience waiting for the new release. We're working on a few final details before releasing 1Password 6.5 from our site as well. It will be available very soon. Just to be clear, I can't tell you the exact moment when :chuffed: You can either wait just a bit longer or try out the Betas, depending on how adventurous and excited you are about this ;)

• dgkanter
    dgkanter
    Community Member

Thanks, Pilar. I'll wait. May I expect that once v6.5 is available from your site, a 1Password6>Check for Updates would routinely report that it is available and provide the process by which to down load it--or might I have to check elsewhere?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dgkanter and everyone else

We have deployed 1Password 6.5 to our web store version as well. Anyone who wants to try it can just go to Preferences> "Updates" > "Check Now" and you should be able to install it as any other update :chuffed: Otherwise, just wait for a little bit and 1Password will surely pick up on the update by itself soon if you have "Automatically check for updates" enabled.

I hope you all enjoy our latest version of 1Password!

• dgkanter
    dgkanter
    Community Member

Upgraded as easily as promised. Thanks.

• @dgkanter,

:)

Let us know if you run into any issues!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.