Folders in 1Password mini and browser extensions not showing all items.

Coffee_Man
Coffee_Man
Community Member

Ever since my last 1Password update I see only a subset of 9 items in my folder in the 1Password browser extension (Firefox and Safari) and in 1Password Mini. There are actually 19 items in the folder as shown in my 1Password. How can I get the browser extensions and mini to show all 19 folder items?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Coffee_Man in respect of each "missing" item please do this:

1. find it in the main 1Password app;
    2. edit the item and look towards the bottom for the display field;
    3. check that field is set to Always.

Does that solve the problem?

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Coffee_Man: Let us know if that helps! :)

• Coffee_Man
    Coffee_Man
    Community Member

All 19 folder items are set to Always in the main 1Password app but only 9 are still showing up in the 1Password browser extension (Firefox and Safari) and in 1Password Mini.

• Coffee_Man
    Coffee_Man
    Community Member

I moved one of the missing items out of the folder into a newly created folder and then back again. Now it shows up, I see 10 items. I can try moving all items out and back again unless you have a different suggestion to try.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Coffee_Man! If one of the "missing" items shows up correctly in that folder in 1Password mini / browser extension once you move it out of that folder and back in again, there might be a problem with that folder. As a test, can you please try this:

• In the main 1Password app, go to File > New Folder (give the new folder a name, or leave it as the default).
    • Choose the folder with the problem and select all the items in that folder (right-click on one item and choose Select All).
    • Drag those items to the new folder (once you do that, the old folder should be empty).
    • Open 1Password mini and check the new folder to see if it shows all the items.

If the new folder shows all of the items, there could be an issue with the old folder. You could move all the items back to the old folder and it will probably work correctly for now, but the problem might happen again at some point. Instead, it's better to keep using the new folder, and delete the old one.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

• Coffee_Man
    Coffee_Man
    Community Member

That works. All items in the new folder are now visible in 1Passsword mini and browser extensions. Thanks to everyone for their assistance. I've deleted the old folder. Can I can rename the new folder with the same name as the old one without issues?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @Coffee_Man! I'm glad the new folder works correctly.

Yes, you can definitely reuse the old folder's name for the new folder (I meant to mention that in my last reply). The name is fine, there was something else about the old folder which was causing a problem.

Hopefully it all continues to work properly for you from now on, but if you run into other issues or have questions about 1Password, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.