Popup to update 1Password extension will not go away.

lyndar
lyndar
Community Member

I have 1Password V6.5 and when I logged on to my Mac (OSX 10.12.1) tonight I kept getting an "Update the 1Password extension" popup. Selecting "Not Now" won't make it go away and selecting "Update Now" leads me to a download that when executed gives an error "Safari can't install this extension" and the cycle repeats....make it stop please!!!

Thanks for any help on this.

p.s. The 1P extension does NOT appear in my list of extensions on System Preferences.

1Password Version: V6.5
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OSX 10.12.1
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• pumasalad
    pumasalad
    Community Member

ME too. exactly the same behavior. started when I logged into my mac just now. when I choose "not now" on the "update the 1password extension" the dialog goes away and then comes right back. choosing update now takes me to the download page, but then the file downloaded has the error that says Safari can't install this extension. Please fix. 1Password is vital to my everyday workflow and right now it's broken. 1Password 6.5 (650034) on a 11inch MacBook Air, macOS 10.12.1, 8GB RAM, Safari version 10.0.1.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lyndar, @pumasalad: I'm sorry for the confusion! The 1Password extension lives only in the browser, and if Safari is not removing the old extension for some reason when updating, it will complain that it can't install the new one. Please go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and remove 1Password, restart your Mac, and then install a fresh copy and you should be all set. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• lyndar
    lyndar
    Community Member

Worked like a charm!

Thanks

• Glad to hear it's working.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• pumasalad
    pumasalad
    Community Member

yep, that seemed to be the problem. thanks!

• Great to hear!

This discussion has been closed.