Enter license from 1password 4 to new device

J_Alfred_Prufrock
J_Alfred_Prufrock
Community Member

I'm trying to migrate 1Password version 4.2.2 on a MBP running OS 10.8.5 to a brand new MBP running 1Password 4.4.3 on the MacOS 10.12.1. I'm trying to follow historically valid patterns of typing in the license number, but a text field to type into is not available. So I next tried 1Password>License then the button and it looks for a file. I created a text file with the license number, but it didn't work.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 4.2.2/3
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.8.5 and 10.12.1
Sync Type: not there yet; just registering

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @J_Alfred_Prufrock

It's great to hear that you're enjoying 1Password and want to keep on doing so on a new computer! I have looked with this email and you only have 1Password 3. The upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 and over (we're at 6 now) was a payed one. If you've downloaded 1Password 4 from the Mac AppStore then you need to download 1Password again from there using the same Apple ID you used to purchase it originally. If not, you'll need get a newer version of 1Password. I'd recommend you to get a 1Password.com account, this way you'll always be able to use the most recent version of 1Password on every device you get :chuffed:

Now, you'll have to get your 1Password data from your older computer into the new one. You can do this easily by syncing them with Dropbox. Once you've done this you should update 1Password to the latest version, 6.5. If you do get an account you'll then need to migrate your data into your account.

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if you have any questions before starting this process or at any stage of it we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.