Fresh installation failing - "%@" can't be found

inottawa
inottawa
Community Member

I just brought home my shiny new 2016 MacBook Pro and downloaded the standalone Mac app from your site (as opposed to the App Store version), as I had previously purchased from your site.

After I'd installed the application, it tried to update to the latest version (from the 6.3.5 to 6.5.1 I believe but I don't exactly recall), but was failing. I wasn't sure why the download was an old version to begin with, so I deleted the app to attempt the download again.

I re-downloaded the app from https://1password.com/downloads/ and now when I try to install, I receive an error that the download cannot open. When I try and right click to open, I get the error "%@" can't be found.

Please help

Comments

• rudy
    edited November 2016

@inottawa,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks like the download link on 1password.com isn't pointing at the correct download. could you try this link?

Rudy

• inottawa
    inottawa
    Community Member

So I went into activity monitor and noticed that the 1passwordmini process was red (missing) and noted as not responding. I killed the process and restarted the Mac.

After restarting, I downloaded the latest version and re-installed. It seems to be running well now! thanks.

To others, make sure that when you un install 1password, look at activity monitor to make sure there is no mention of 1password

• @inottawa,

Thanks for letting us know you were successful, and thanks for the additional insight into the resolution.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.