I can’t re-install 1password and I am desperate without it.

kenoli
kenoli
Community Member

I can’t re-install 1password and I am desperate without it.

I was told to update 1password in several browsers and tried. Safari wouldn’t update. Tried everything and finally deleted the 1password app from my computer and tried to reinstall it.

I don’t know for sure if I bought it from the app store or direct.

When I try to install it from the app store it acts like it is installed because all it shows me is an open button. When I click on that nothing happens.

When i download it from your web site, it acts like it installed but there is no app in my applications folder. I’ve tried that a dozen times with the same result.

How do I get 1password back on my computer?

Please help!!!!!

--Kenoli

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenoli,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password!

I see that you also sent us an email about this problem and heard back from Steve, who asked for a diagnostics report. We received your report, and someone will take a look at that and reply to you via email as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. I'm sure we'll be able to get this all sorted out soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: MRE-81487-312

• kenoli
    kenoli
    Community Member

Thanks. I've been struggling with passwords all morning. A testament to the value of 1Password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that 1Password is such a useful & helpful tool for you! Sorry that you're having difficulty with it, though - that can be very frustrating. I'm sure we'll be able to help get it working again very soon! :)

• kenoli
    kenoli
    Community Member

I'm responding here because I am not getting a response by email and am severely handicapped without being able to install the application. I sent the log created by the app they sent me yesterday and am still waiting. I am concerned that the weekend may come and then I will be held up until Monday. I've been a customer of 1password for many years and love it, but this hangup and delay in getting help has me worried and wondering if I need to switch to another piece of software.

What can I do to expedite things here.

--Kenoli

• agilelover
    agilelover
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

This is worrisome. I too am very dependent on 1password. What if it stopped working for me? Some sort of premium support option for those in need would seem useful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kenoli: I'm sorry for the delay. We try to respond to messages in the order in which they are received, and I think that's fair. "Expediting" is tantamount to cutting in line, and I don't think anyone feels good about that. But I'm glad to see that Steve was able to get back to you on Friday and help you get things sorted out in time for the weekend. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@agilelover: We're not perfect and we're always tying to improve our support, but I think for the most part we do pretty well — especially compared to experiences I've had. So long as we receive your message, you'll always get a response. I'm sorry if we're not always able to reply as quickly as any of us wold like though. It's something we'll keep working at. :blush:

However, I'm not seeing any messages from this email address. But if you'll post the support ID you received here we'll track it down and get back to you as soon as possible. :)

• agilelover
    agilelover
    Community Member

I didn't make myself clear. I currently have no problems and 1password is working beautifully for me. I am very dependent on it and if I had a serious problem that in my opinion required immediate support I would like that to be an option. There is nothing inherently unfair about such a premium option. After all your own product has premium options.

• kenoli
    kenoli
    Community Member

I'd like to hear agilelover's comment a little differently than an appeal to cut in line. I'd like to hear it as an appeal for more support resources. I'm sure Agilebits is quite profitable as it provides great software and has grown significantly and yet I think it is a bit short on tech support resources, both in terms of turn around time on support requests and in terms of the depth of support articles and information available. I have felt this for some time.

As to my situation, it took days until I was told to run an app and send in the file it created and then a couple of more days until I got a response from sending out the analysis of that file. What about including the capacity to build the file into 1password or for people in my situation, make it available on the support request page. The latter would take out one step, saving you resources and helping me get a response much faster.

More in depth 1password support articles would help users do their own diagnoses, saving you and us lots of time and stress.

I hope you can hear this as a constructive proposal that you don't have to respond to defensively. I think your users want to make 1password work for them and for you. A positive response to requests like this will only make your users happier and expand your customer base.

Thanks,

--Kenoli

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@agilelover: Ah, got it! I'm sorry for misunderstanding!

To be clear, we're always looking for awesome people to join the AgileBits team, so we add more support (and development) resources as often as we can. Money isn't the only cost though, as it takes a team to bring in new people and get them up to speed. But it's something we're always working on, so we can improve our response times without sacrificing the personal touch. Thanks for your feedback on this!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

As to my situation, it took days until I was told to run an app and send in the file it created and then a couple of more days until I got a response from sending out the analysis of that file.

@kenoli: Indeed. Steve replied via email within 9 hours asking for some diagnostic information, and you also received only 4 responses from two different people within the first 48 hours. So you're absolutely right that there's room for improvement there, especially considering some slight duplication of effort. I'm glad that we were able to get things sorted out for you, but I'm sorry that it didn't happen as quickly or efficiently as either of us would like. :(

What about including the capacity to build the file into 1password or for people in my situation, make it available on the support request page. The latter would take out one step, saving you resources and helping me get a response much faster.

This is something that was done in the past, but it was moved to a separate app because some of the functions require deeper access than 1Password itself should ask for. We can certainly consider moving back in that direction again, but it seems that things are only becoming more restrictive over time in macOS (with Gatekeeper, and the App Store)...so I'm not certain that this would be a wise use of our limited resources. Definitely worth exploring though.

More in depth 1password support articles would help users do their own diagnoses, saving you and us lots of time and stress. I hope you can hear this as a constructive proposal that you don't have to respond to defensively. I think your users want to make 1password work for them and for you. A positive response to requests like this will only make your users happier and expand your customer base.

Agreed! We put a lot of effort into creating and maintaining knowledgebase articles for the most common issues that come up, but not everything is covered, and we're constantly evaluating adding others as well. Getting this feedback from you is the exact sort of thing that helps us know what we need to look more closely at. Thank you! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.