I want to import the txt file from Enpass, can you help me doing that?

onejoe
onejoe
Community Member

Have more than 300 passwords over there, can you help to import please?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:enpass

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
  • onejoe
    onejoe
    Community Member

Can I trust about the python script? just asking as it's not made by you...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@onejoe ,

Ive never looked at it, so cant comment on its security. If you are concerned, you might see if you can arrange your data into CSV format, or some well-defined structure. I havent looked at the Enpass output in a while now, so ill check it again tomorrow to see if i have better advice.

• onejoe
    onejoe
    Community Member

OK I had a look at the script it is secure. Will try soon. Thanks

• onejoe
    onejoe
    Community Member

this script is not working correctly anymore for the latest versions, I read the update and the next version of enpass will have CSV export so I'll just wait for it

• @onejoe,

Definitely let us know how that CSV export goes and if you run into any trouble massaging the data into a form that makes it importable into 1Password.

Rudy

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@onejoe,

If you are still around, I see that CSV export is now available in the beta versions of the Enpass desktop apps. Have you taken a look at it?

• onejoe
    onejoe
    Community Member

@MrC Thanks for the info, I already ended up importing all of the passwords 1 by 1, took me a full day haha

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @onejoe

I'm glad to hear that you got it all sorted out, even if it was a bit of quest! I hope that 1Password works great for you, but if you ever need some help, we're here for you! :chuffed:

Thanks @MrC so much for all your help!

Happy new year to both of you!

This discussion has been closed.