Transfer version 3.3 of Acrylic's Wallet to 1Password ?

Jan_Brinkhorst
Jan_Brinkhorst
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

I am using the version 3.3 of Acrylic's Wallet. Have the original issues of transferring to 1Password been resolved ?
I checked on the web and saw extensive issues with CSV files being discussed back in April 2014.
Is there a guide to ensure (most) issues can be avoided ?
I'm interested in the 6 month free with 1Password Subscription. Is this still being offered ?
Thanks,
Jan

1Password Version: 6.5+ subscription
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:transfer db from Acrylic Wallet to 1Password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jan_Brinkhorst,

Thank you for reaching out to us for help with this! I'm glad to hear you're considering switching to 1Password.

I am using the version 4.4 of Acrylic's Wallet. Have the original issues of transferring to 1Password been resolved ?
    I checked on the web and saw extensive issues with CSV files being discussed back in April 2014.

You didn't mention the exact issues you're referring to, but after searching our forums for information about importing data from Acrylic Wallet, it looks like its CSV export is problematic because it doesn't include each item's type/category. Assuming that's still the case in the latest version of Wallet, it's not something we have control over because that's a function of Wallet, not of 1Password.

However, you can still import your data to 1Password from that CSV file. According to @MrC (one of our awesome community moderators and an expert on importing data to 1Password from other apps), you should be able to edit the CSV file to be compatible with 1Password. We have a support article that explains 1Password compatible CSV files here: How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file

I'm also pinging @MrC in this post because I'm sure he will be able to explain this all much better than I can. He's extremely helpful with this sort of thing! :)

I'm interested in the 6 month free with 1Password Subscription. Is this still being offered ?

I'm afraid the deadline for that special launch promotion was a couple months ago now, so it's no longer available. However, when you sign up for a 1Password.com account, it's free for 30 days, so you'll still have time to try it out before deciding whether or not you want to subscribe.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2016

Hi @Jan_Brinkhorst ,

What @Drew_AG says is correct, that the export format is insufficient to use to automate import or conversion. So you'll have to export your data and see if you can massage it into valid CSV.

I'm curious about your mention of having version 4.4 of Acrylic Wallet. The latest version is 3.3, last updated on May 2013 (the author abandon work on his product, and took a job at Facebook, but still seems to happily sell this old, buggy, unsupported product). Are you sure of your version and product name?

• Jan_Brinkhorst
    Jan_Brinkhorst
    Community Member

Drew_AG and MRC, thanks for your feedback and comments. Indeed my version of Wallet is 3.3.
    As suggested, I'll have a shot at preparing a 'valid' CSV and try to set up 1Password with my data.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @Jan_Brinkhorst, on behalf of @Drew_AG and @MrC.

Thanks for clarifying it's version 3.3 of Wallet that you've got. I've changed it from 4.4 in your original post and the title; hope you don't mind. :)

This discussion has been closed.