1P 6.5.1 MacOS TOTP copy to clipboard [will only be available in beta for right now]

CastB
CastB
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

Having downloaded the latest version of 1Password (6.5.1), I have been unable to find the TOTP copy preference. How do you find/enable this feature?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• rikhudson
    rikhudson
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Can report the same issue here on the beta stream updated to 6.5.1 which has stopped it working.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
    Chrome Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
    macOS version: 10.11.6

• @castb, @rikhudson,

That feature will remain a beta level feature for the time being while we flesh out how it works. We think we can do better than what's currently there.

Rudy

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

If it's going to be a beta feature only for a while, can you provide an option to disable it. It's frustrating to lose my clipboard when logging in to sites.

Maybe instead of copying to the clipboard, send an OS X notification with the TOTP when logging into sites.

• @gdhnz,

Thanks for the feedback, that could certainly work on the Mac side, to have the notification allow copying to the clipboard as its action.

the iOS use case is more complicated because filling doesn't end up happening in the app itself and from what i recall we couldn't post local notifications from the sharing extension.

Rudy

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

Why bring up iOS when that's not what this thread is about?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gdhnz: Because we love all of our awesome customers, even those using those other platforms. ;)

This discussion has been closed.