1Password 6 Version 6.5.1 (651005) crashes after master password entry

hugostephan
hugostephan
Community Member

Hello, i've just updated the client with 6.5.1 (651005) version and I can't open either the mac app or the chrome extension. I haven't got any access at all. Could you help ? Maybe show me how to downgrade to the previous version ? Thanks !

1Password Version: 6.5.1 (651005)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@hugostephan I upgraded to the same version yesterday but everything is fine on my Mac (though I am running MacOS Sierra 10.12.1).

Does the issue still occur if you reboot your machine?

• hugostephan
    hugostephan
    Community Member

Hello, it actually does... I would like to avoid to upgrade to Sierra before doing a Time Machine backup this evening.
    I guess my brain will have to function properly for the day. If you know how to downgrade, please explain :)

Thanks,

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@hugostephan I think it's important that any issues are rectified with this version, as that would be a better solution than downgrading (sorry, I've not looked into how you would do this). There will be other users who will use 6.5.1 on El Capitan too.

Is there any error message when the app crashes?

Also, are you using a 1Password account (or 1Password Families or Teams) subscription or are you on a standalone licence?

• hugostephan
    hugostephan
    Community Member

No error messages, just dissapearing. I'm using the Families plan.

• @hugostephan

were you able to submit a crash report for this? I searched the report system and didn't find any reports for the email address you used for this forum.

Rudy

• hugostephan
    hugostephan
    Community Member

Hello, yes I did it twice...

• Hi @hugostephan,

I was finally able to find it, must've been some lag in the system. We are currently tracking this issue as OPM-4591. It is currently slated to be fixed in 6.5.2, which is likely to have a very quick turnaround.

Rudy

ref: OPM-4591

• hugostephan
    hugostephan
    Community Member

Hello I'm unable to use 1password, which is very difficult, do you know when the issue will be resolved ? What can i do in the meantime ? Thanks for your help,

Hugo

• @hugostephan

I have a tentative fix in review for 6.5.2, in the meantime i would recommend going back to 6.3.5 for the time being. You can download the previous version from here.

Rudy

• hugostephan
    hugostephan
    Community Member

Hello, thanks for the link, it solves the issue. Bonne chance on your fix. Have a good day !

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear version 6.3.5 is working correctly for you, and I'm very sorry you had such trouble with 6.5.1! Hopefully the update for 6.5.2 will solve the problem - please be sure to let us know how it goes and if you run into any issues once that update is released. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.