Failed to check for updates

shantaram
shantaram
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

Been having this problem for a while now.. i always think in new version it will be fix and i keep doing update manually .. but today i decided to make the post. i keep getting this message anytime i search for update on 1password:
Failed to check for updates
An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

Any fix will be welcome

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @shantaram ,

This doesn't sound like a bug in the app, but with the networking setup on your computer. Do you connect through a VPN? Or use a firewall utility like Little Snitch?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

i used VPN. how can i fix this? only without vpn

• @shantaram,

If the VPN is causing you to go through a proxy of some kind it could be interfering with the SSL certificate chain that we're expecting for the update mechanism. I would certainly check that as a starting point.

Rudy

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

i check without VPN and same error still occur.
    here is screenshot : http://prntscr.com/d8lamj

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shantaram,

To help us figure this out, try the update again without the VPN, and once you get the error message, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. We'll take a look at the report to see if we can find information about what's going wrong. Thanks in advance! :)

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

here is the support ID:
    ID is [#LEI-38748-637]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shantaram

Thank you for sending the Diagnostics Report, I see that you're working with Jacob over there. We'll continue the conversation over email, have an awesome day!

ref: LEI-38748-637

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

Yeah... The problem was fix with a simple terminal command... was so easy.. everything is fine now.. thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.