I have forgotten how to record my modem & router names & passwords in 1P

Options
blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member

I had to delete both 1P sets of names and passwords for my modem and router at home, now I can't remember how to get them back into 1P. There used to be special modem router logo in the 1P left column, but can't remember how I got them recorded in 1P the first time. In my web browser, filling in the password and name does not prompt 1P to save them. Am I stuck just making a Note for there settings in 1P?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @blackxacto

Thanks for taking the time to write in. If you want to be able to fill the item into web pages it needs to be a Login item. You can then use custom sections/fields to record additional details:

https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/11/20/secure-all-the-things-in-secure-notes/

If you don't mind not being able to fill them into a web page you can create a Wireless Router item (requires Pro features) or a Secure Note.

Thanks!

Ben

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, found the place to add router ITEMS under 1P/New/ITEM. Forgot I had to do it from 1P on a Mac.

Ben, why is it that I must view the forum responses from my Sierra iMac in Safari, AND NOT MY iPad Air in iOS?

• Ben
    Options

@blackxacto,

Ben, found the place to add router ITEMS under 1P/New/ITEM. Forgot I had to do it from 1P on a Mac.

This can also be done on iOS:

Create items · 1Password for iOS

Ben, why is it that I must view the forum responses from my Sierra iMac in Safari, AND NOT MY iPad Air in iOS?

I don't follow. I regularly use these forums from an iPad Air. What difficulty are you having doing so?

Ben

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

On my iPad Air w iOS 10.1.1, when I receive email notification that I received a response to my question on the 1P Agilebits Support Forum, I click on the link in the email notification, and am sent to the forum question in Safari on the iPad Air (after signing into the forum), but there is no record of any responses to the question. There is the question, and blank space beneath.

In order to see replies to my 1P forum question I must go to 1P in Safari on my Sierra iMac.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I copied your link as a Safari bookmark. Opened Safari on the iPad. Clicked on the link in my bookmark list on the iPad Air. I am sent to my original question in the forum, and there is nothing below except a "Leave a Comment". I took a screen shot if you want it:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/83082658@N00/31059398766/in/dateposted-public/

• Ben
    Options

That is really strange! I'm going to ask that we make contact with our forum software provider for an explanation.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@blackxacto

Are you using a content blocker in Safari? If you aren't sure you can check in Settings > Safari > Content Blockers. If you are please try temporarily disabling it/them and see if you can then load the full page.

Thanks.

Ben

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not losing my mind, I have never been able to visit the forum responses on my iOS iPad Air using Safari. I always must go to my iMac in macOS Safari to view forum responses.

If this is some setting that I have failed to correctly enable, please advise. There is one more iOS Mail to Safari behavior that has changed in iOS 10.1.1. When I click on a link to Safari in Mail and other apps like Tweetbot, half of the time I am sent to the Safari Home Page (which is a Google search page for me). I never know when a link will send me to the correct site, or the Safari Home page.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I use a content blocker. I will shut it off and check.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

OMG, that's the issue for the forum responses. DUH. I shut it completely off and will figure out which of the switches control the forum responses. Thank you for your patience w my issue.

When I clicked on the email notification link to the forum question this last time, I was sent to my Safari Home Page, and not the forum. I had to go back to the email and re click the link to the forum to get to the responses. All blockers are turned off, so it isn't related to the blockers. If you ever hear of this behavior in future and hear of a solution, please write.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Turns out the blocker was blocking hyperlinks as well as all forum responses. Hell, I bet it's blocking my lower colon track too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:scream:

Jeez, that's confusing. I've used a few content blockers and haven't encountered anything quite like that. I'm not sure if that's just due to the specific ones I've chosen (BlockBear currently, though I've also used 1Blocker, whatever Firefox Focus used to be called, and others). Depending on which one you're using, it may be simplest to just set an exception for discussions.agilebits.com...provided you have not already been driven mad. ;)

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I should have read more about what 1Blocker blocks, because it does one hell of a job. Had no idea it did all this, but it does, if you turn everything ON. Why does anyone want RESPONSES to forum questions OFF? Why would anyone want hyperlinks in all apps BLOCKED? Who lives like that? Jeeesus. Appreciate Ben's patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Ah, I see. They must have changed things since I last used it — or you're using different settings than me. In their defense, they allow a ton of customization: hyperlinks could potentially lead somewhere you wouldn't want to go...and I can think of a lot of sites where I would want the comments blocked. On behalf of Ben, you're most welcome. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.