Syncing with Dropbox and 1password.com

mobius32x
mobius32x
Community Member

Take me to your leader ... I mean, I have a question: I have the 1P.com; on my OSX desktop, I have the 1P application, and if I make new entries/edits these changes will also show up if I log into 1P.com. My phone is android and I have the 1P app installed. Agile says that 1P is most convenient for most people b/c you can just login from wherever to access your data. But the info is much more readable when viewing it via the phone app as opposed to logging in; so, will there be a problem if I continue to keep the mobile app updated via Dropbox syncing? Or is there a way to sync the mobile app with 1P.com? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox and 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @mobius32x,

That's a great question. Our mobile apps all support 1Password.com accounts, so that would be the recommended approach in your case. If you get the latest version of our Android app, you should be able to add your 1Password.com account to it so that you can access the information without having to login to the webapp.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Okay, thanks, Rick.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rick, you're very welcome! If you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Well, Drew, I seem to be having a little problem. I did what Rick suggested and added my 1P.com account inside the Android app, but the when I try to sync it its not adding entries which are already entered on 1P.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mobius32x: Make sure you're looking in the right vault. If you still have your local Dropbox vault as the Primary in 1Password for Android, that will not be in sync with 1Password.com. Only vaults which are part of your 1Password Account will. Let me know what you find!

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty. I got it all fixed.

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty. I got it all fixed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! Please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.