Which Version do I have?

rhyde
rhyde
Community Member

I have used 1Password for years. Then I signed up for you latest version and I am having nothing but problems. I have two Macs. One at work; one at the office. They seem to be the same version but they clearly are not. The office version is called "1Password 6" while the home version merely says "1Password." Under "1Password 6" menu on the work machine it states "License…"; "Preferences…" "Check for Updates…" and under "1Password" menu on the work machine it does not have a "Licenses…" or "Check for Updates…" menu items.

Further, the home machine has ONE vault, while the office machine has TWO vaults.

Does this really need to be so complicated? What is the problem? It would be nice to have only one vault and both programs being the same program.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @rhyde,

Based on your description:
    you have the Mac App Store version on your home computer
    you have the direct sale version from our website on your work computer

these installs are islands of data, they do not inherently sync with each other unless you've specifically set that up. So that would explain why you have 1 vault on your home machine and two on your work machine. The difference in available menu items is entirely because license and check for updates aren't needed for the Mac App Store version as both are handled by the Mac App Store.

The answer to the complicatedness of the whole situation is something we introduced earlier this year called 1Password.com accounts. You login to your account in 1Password on both computers and it handles all the heavy lifting of keeping your data synchronized between the two (or more) computers/mobile devices. I would certainly suggest checking it out at https://1password.com/sign-up/

Rudy

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rhyde,

In addition to what Rudy explained, this article may be helpful to you:

Find your version of 1Password, the extension, or your operating system

And also this forum post:

The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.